Taxation and the Structuring of Corporate and Private Wealth
- Analysis and review of existing corporate and wealth structures:
- The clarification of objectives, concerns and the clients' preferred strategies;
- A detailed review and appraisal of all the assets;
- The preparation of a precise instruction for specialist senior tax barristers to settle on a detailed strategy to address the clients' exact requirements;
- The implementation of the ‘settled strategy’ with the provision of the appropriate professional services including interparty contracts, company formation, re-organisation of ownership and control structures, reporting requirements and liaison with HMRC and other tax authorities as may be required.
- Coordinate multiple international tax jurisdictions and matters related to residence, citizenship and domicile.
- Carefully consider how assets are held and controlled for both those already tax resident and those seeking to establish residence in the UK.
- Determine how and when resources are to be brought into the UK.
- Invariably these are very complicated matters and great care needs to be taken to ensure that the individual uses the combined benefits of non-domiciled status, remittance planning and residence as well as carefully working with any restraints from previous or other current jurisdictions and changes required due to the tightening of rules associated with indirect ownership and controlled foreign corporations.